Welcome to HerdOne! The HerdOne Platform is dedicated to providing livestock and farm management tools. Through the HerdOne Platform, people add information related to livestock and farm management.
1. Collection of Information.
We collect information (i) from you directly and (ii) automatically when you use our Site.
In general, we collect information as follows:
- Account and Profile Information: When you create an account on the HerdOne Platform, we collect your name, contact information, and other information you provide. You also will be asked to create a profile on the Site.
- Communications. When you communicate with us (via email, phone, through the Site or otherwise), we may maintain a record of your communication.
- Site Activity and Automatically Collected Information. We collect and may store information about your use of the Site (including our mobile applications), such as your search activity, the pages you view, and the date and time of your visit. We also collect and may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Site, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs.
2. Use of Information.
In addition, we use the information we collect to better understand how users access and use our Site and services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and services, respond to user desires and preferences, develop additional products and services, and for other research and analytical purposes. From time to time, we may also offer contests or promotions, and will use the information we collect to administer such contests, promotions and surveys, to analyze the results for research purposes, and to comply with legal requirements related to such contests and promotions.
3. Sharing Your Information
We do not sell your personal contact information (such as your email address associated with your account registration) to third-parties to use for their own marketing purposes. However, in some cases HerdOne may allow third parties, including other users and HerdOne partners, to contact you through the Site, including for marketing purposes. We may share some information about you with third parties in connection with your use of the Site. Our information sharing with third-parties generally fall into these categories and purposes:
- Agents, Contractors, and Service Providers: We may share your information with our agents, e-commerce partners, and contractors or other service providers as needed to carry out the performance and functionality of the Site, fulfill your requests or authorized commercial transactions, process your payments, or provide customer support.
- Analytics and Usage: We may share user information in de-identified or aggregate form, with third parties, such as advertisers, professionals, and other businesses.
- Business Transfers: If we are acquired by or merged with another entity, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected about you to the other company. We may also disclose certain personal information to a company as part of the planning or review for a potential merger, acquisition or transfer of assets.
4. HerdOne Communications
When you join the HerdOne Platform by signing up for an account or creating a profile, as part of the service you will receive the HerdOne newsletter about the offerings and features on the Site. As permitted by law, you are also opting to receive other emails from us that may be of interest to you as a member of HerdOne. We may also ask you to consent to receive text message communications from us. You can manage your email and notice preferences in account settings, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from us. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you transactional e-mails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us. However, you may opt out entirely of receiving any text messages – promotional, transactional or otherwise – from us.
5. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
You may opt-out of tracking by third parties for certain advertising purposes (as discussed) which can help you control targeted advertising by third-parties that track your activities across sites. It may be possible to disable certain Cookies through your device or browser settings. The method for disabling cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings. However, doing so may affect your ability to use the Site. If you are not comfortable with the above uses of Cookies, please do not use this Site.
Do-Not-Track Signals. Please note we do not change system behavior within the Site in response to browser requests not to be tracked. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies or opting out of ad networks).
6. Third Party Advertising.
As noted, we work with third parties such as network advertisers to serve advertisements on third-party websites or other media, and to evaluate the success of our advertising campaigns, including Facebook, Google, and others (both Facebook and Google offer additional ways to opt out of certain advertising activities, and maintain their own privacy policies that address their interest-based advertising services). We also may work with third parties to display ads on our Site.
You can also manage many opt-out of receiving behaviorally-targeted ads from many companies via the consumer choice tools created under self-regulation programs in many countries, such as the US-based aboutads.info choices page or the EU-based http://www.youronlinechoices.com.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the respective opt out pages noted above, will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you based upon your activities on multiple websites, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies, or you subsequently delete your cookies, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the websites listed above.
We have implemented security safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure – so we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You should take certain steps to protect your account and personal information as well, such as by choosing a strong password and keeping such password private, and logging out of your account when you are finished using it.
8. External Links.
Last Updated October 11, 2017